The complete why, when, and how-to guide for parenting a one-year-old.
- When will my 13-month-old start to walk?
- Shouldn’t my 14-month-old be talking already?
- How can I get my picky eater to pick something besides pasta?
- Sure, I can ignore a tantrum at home—but what am I supposed to do in the middle of the mall?
- Why does my toddler have such a hard time sharing? Taking turns? Playing nicely?
- When should we break the bottle habit . . . and what about the pacifier?
- How do I get my almost-two-year-old to settle down for bed—and stay asleep all night?
Just in time for those first steps, here’s the next step in What to Expect. Picking up the action at baby’s first birthday, What to Expect the Second Year
is the complete guide to the “wonder year”—twelve jam-packed months of amazing milestones, lightning-speed learning, and endless discoveries. Filled with must-have information on everything from feeding (tips to tempt picky palates) to sleep (how to get more of it), talking (decoding those first words) to behavior (defusing those first tantrums). Plus, how to keep your busy one-year-old safe and healthy.
About the Author
Heidi Murkoff is the author of the What to Expect® series of pregnancy and parenting books with over 38 million copies in print. She is also the creator of WhatToExpect.com and the WhatToExpect app, which reach over 18 million expecting and new parents, and the What to Expect Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping at-risk moms around the world expect healthier pregnancies, safer deliveries, and healthy, happy babies.