1. David Drake is the Dean of military science fiction and author of the best-selling Hammer’s Slammers series. Many writers of military SF get their background from books, but Vietnam veteran Drake has been there and done that, giving his work an unmatched gritty realism.
2. His novels of the military exploits of the brilliant young RCN officer Daniel Leary (who has gone from Lieutenant to Captain) and his friend and colleague Adele Mundy, computer spy and crack shot, have been top-sellers.
3. The RCN series has strong appeal for the enormous audience for David Weber’s best-selling Honor Harrington novels.
4. Trade advertising
5. Consumer advertising in Locus, more
6. Huge distribution of ARCs to top accounts and reviewers.
7. Four-page color brochure.
8. BookSense mailing
9. Teaser chapter in When the Tide Rises mass market
12. Incremental co-op available
DANIEL LEARY IS CINNABAR'S MOST SUCCESSFUL SPACE CAPTAIN; HIS FRIEND, LADY ADELE MUNDY, IS ITS MOST EFFICIENT SPY--BUT THEY'VE GOT THEIR HANDS FULL THIS TIME AS THEY FACE:
• A Cinnabar Senator furious at losing an election—and still powerful enough to make her anger deadly. • The boy ruler of a star cluster who thinks he's a god—and who can sign the death warrants of even Cinnabar officials if a mad whimsy tells him to. • A world of slaves and escaped slaves, where the most savage beasts in the jungle used to be human. • An enemy base that could shrug off attack by powerful battlefleets—but which must fall to a single cruiser if Cinnabar is to survive.
From palace to reeking jungle, from gunfights in grimy hangars to the flagship's bridge during a sprawling space battle, Leary and Mundy are in the thick of it again. Watch the galaxy explode—IN THE STORMY RED SKY
About the Author
David Drake was attending Duke University Law School when he was drafted. He served the next two years in the Army, spending 1970 as an enlisted interrogator with the 11th armored Cavalry in Viet Nam and Cambodia. Upon return he completed his law degree at Duke and was for eight years Assistant Town Attorney for Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He has been a full-time freelance writer since 1981. Besides the bestselling Hammer’s Slammers series, his books for Baen include Ranks of Bronze, All the Way to the Gallows, Redliners, and many more. His “Lord of the Isles” fantasy novels for Tor are genre best sellers. In the Stormy Red Sky is the seventh in the popular RCN series. The previous titles are: With the Lightnings; Lt. Leary, Commanding; The Far Side of the Stars; The Way to Glory; Some Golden Harbor and When the Tide Rises.