Usually Ships in to Twig 1-5 Days
The Texas Almanac 2024–2025 is your source for all things Texas!
For the 72nd edition in the series, this essential reference book has been revised with all the latest information about our proud state. When future scholars ask “What was Texas like in 2024?” Texas Almanac
readers will know.
Inside you’ll find at least 410 tables of data about our state, 300 maps, contact information for 200 state boards and commissions, and the names of 189 state officials, 1,209 judges, 1,223 mayors, and 3,302 county officials (give or take a few).
The Texas Almanac 2024–2025
also contains a feature article you’ll find nowhere else... We all know Texas’ fascination with energy started with that cultural and economic phenomenon Spindletop—but it’s not all just drills and derricks from there.
Learn how our electric grid developed, the roles played by renewables and climate change, and where we may be headed in the future. Written by Nora Ankrum, research project manager at The University of Texas at Austin Energy Institute. Chapters include:
- Environment: Learn about the geology of Texas, as well as in-depth information about wildlife, rivers, and lakes.
- Weather: Highs and lows of the previous two years, plus a list of destructive weather dating from 1766.
- Education: A full listing of all colleges and universities in the state, a discussion of issues facing public schools today, and a listing of scholastic UIL winners and History Day winners
- Astronomical Calendar: Find the moon phases, sunrise and sunset times, moonrise and moonset times, and any eclipses and meteor showers expected for 2024 and 2025.
- Recreation: Places to visit in Texas, with details on state and national parks, landmarks, and wildlife refuges, and a map of our state parks and historic sites.
- Sports: The results of championship games for sports in Texas, including high school, college, and professional leagues, and the names of Olympic medalists and Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductees.
- Counties: An expansive section featuring detailed maps and profiles of Texas’ 254 counties.
- Population: Figures and the latest estimates from the State Data Center and a comprehensive list of the populations of Texas cities and towns.
- Elections: Results and maps from the 2022 General Election and information on voter turnout.
- Government: Historical documents and lists of governmental officials from 1691 through today, as well as a report on the bills passed during the 88th Legislative Session.
- Law Enforcement: Crime volume and rates from 2021, including statewide and county level statistics, and information about the Department of Criminal Justice, with budget reports and a list of all correctional institutions in Texas.
- Culture and the Arts: Find museums, competitions and award winners, and cultural and artistic highlights from the past few years, along with maps and data about the variety of religious groups in Texas.
- Business, Agriculture, and Transportation: Information about all aspects of our rich economy and how we’ve fared as a state in the past few years, packed with tables about employment, prices, taxes, and more in a wide variety of industries.
- And much more. . .