- The identity and the contact details of the data controller
For services and websites used by residents of the European Economic Area, The Twig Book Shop is the data controller responsible for your personal data. For more information please contact us at (210)826-6411.
- The contact details of the data protection officer or EU representative
- The legal basis for the processing
We will have a lawful basis for processing your data when:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying, or improving our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns; and advertising personalization of the service using data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders;
- You have consented to such processing; and/or
- We are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation).
- Information on the transfer of personal data to a third country or international organization
The Twig Book Shop is a global business and it, or its service providers, may process, transfer, and store information about our users on servers located in a number of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including in the United States (where data protection laws may be less stringent than in the country where you live). Since we are committed to protecting your information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place when we transfer that data.
To ensure that your data is adequately protected, we only transfer your data subject to suitable safeguards being in place. To find out more about how we safeguard your information (including obtaining a copy of such safeguards) in relation to transfers outside the EEA, please contact us at (210)826-6411.
- The period for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period
The Twig Book Shop will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account. Your information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to ensure that you receive any loyalty rewards which are due to you. We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for it to be retained.
- The existence of data subject rights
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights with regards to your personal data that we hold, please contact us at (210)826-6411. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. These include:
- The right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights (which is why we are providing you with the information in this Policy).
- The right to obtain access to your information (if we are processing it).
- The right to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this through your account page or by contacting us.
- The right to “block” or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be 'blocked' to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to request that we delete or remove your data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.